What could you possibly have to do in a fertile farming area? Buzzing floating markets, food so fresh it melts in your mouth, stilted homes that make faded creaking sounds, local kids whose joy lights you up. Soak yourself in the countryside of Nakhon Pathom – and off the beaten path in the presence of your trusted guide. Visit a floating market that is nestled along the Tha Jeen River, cruise along the river to absorb the village architecture, and try to count the number of shades of colour at one of the largest orchid farms in Thailand. Be completely mesmerized so that when leave, the full glory of the countryside is etched in your memory.
What You Will Do
• Begin your countryside tour by paying respects at the rural Lam Phaya village temple.
• Wander into the Lam Phaya floating market, a local favourite.
• Sample finger foods and fresh fruits like pomelo and rambutan whilst seated beside the river. Savour the dishes prepared by local chefs who do not even leave their boats! Enjoy a relaxed lunch by the river.
• After lunch, hop into a century-old teak wood boat for a row past old stilted homes and patches of beautiful pink lotus flowers. Soak up the atmosphere for a few more minutes by joining the local kids who love to feed the fish that teem in the river.
• To cap off the day, take in the sights of beautiful flowers at the largest orchid farms in Thailand.
Why We Do This
Nakhon Pathom is a neighboring province to Bangkok, and home to some of Thailand’s most fertile farmland.
- All you can eat food in Lam Phaya market, including a full-on sit-down lunch — we suggest you eat a very light breakfast! :)
- Transportation by car from the meeting point to Lam Phaya and back.
- Plenty of water is provided throughout the day, as well as juice, coffee, etc. as you desire.
What to bring: Although the market is fully roofed, we recommend bringing a hat and sunscreen.
What to wear: Comfortable clothes, and shoes suitable for walking (many people are fine with just sandals or flip flops).