Fancy a walk down the banks of the Seine with its Parisian street artists? Well, don’t engage in the clichéd anymore. Explore the eclectic, hidden artist village of Khlong Bang Luang against the backdrop of a scenic canal. Encounter the centrepiece of the artists’ community- an artists’ house! The artists’ house hosts a variety of exhibitions, a performance space and an artist run cafe. Take in the action at a local puppet performance with the Thai version of the Hindu Ramayana, and give your taste buds a pleasant surprise at a weekend market! Walk away from this encounter with a multi-faceted appreciation of Thai Art!
What You Will Do
• Begin the day tour with a stop at a historic and beautiful but non-touristy temple built in the Mon style.
• Continue to our favorite Bangkok area weekend market -- Bang Nam Phueng to enjoy all the fantastic market food.
• Head to the artist village of Khlong Bang Luang, a hidden secret in Thailand.
• Visit the intimate art studios and galleries with a local flavor.
• We'll take in a traditional Thai puppet performance*, savour more local flavors and feed the fish.
• Finish off at one of Bangkok's oldest temples which is also well off the tourist radar.
*Note that while we always check the puppet troupe’s schedule and call in the morning to double check, they occasionally cancel the show last minute and we have no control over this. However, the artist village is well worth exploring regardless.
1. Incredible, authentic Thai food and drinks -- all you can eat!
2. A traditional Thai puppet show (please see the note in the main description above).
3. Transport (by private car) from the meeting point and back.
4. Water and other beverages are provided throughout the day.
1. Transport from your hotel to the meeting point (we can pick you up and/or drop you off for an additional 250 baht each way).
2. We cover all beverages except alcohol.
Pick-up at your hotel is available for an additional 250 baht per way. Depending on where your hotel is located, we will often reach your hotel and take you to the meeting point by public transport as it's often easier and faster than fighting Bangkok traffic. If you would like to be picked up, please mention this when booking.