Can you imagine having to set up and completely clear your workspace or room multiple times a day? That is what the stallholders at MaeKlong Train market do, day in day out. It is a market set up on the train tracks. Yes, you read that right. On. Just before the train arrives in the town, the market stallholders have to pull back their awnings and remove their produce from the tracks. Marvel at this distinct skill as the train leaves and arrives four times each. This aside, pique your curiosity by observing how brine salt is made and how sugar is made from coconuts at the Coconut Plantation. Be fascinated by local boats of various shapes and sizes to ferry their goods and experience wood carving production at the Royal Thai Handicraft Center.
What You Will Do
• Be picked up from your hotel at 07.00 am to head to Ratchaburi.
• Take in panoramic views of salt fields stretched between Samut Sakhon and Samut Songkhram. This area is the biggest producer of brine salt in Thailand. Their main season is from about October to April as salt farming works better without the heavy rains. Observe how salt is made.
• Observe the sights and sounds at the MaeKlong train market.
• Discover how to make sugar from the coconuts at the Coconut Plantation. This sugar is very suitable for our Thai recipes.
• Ride leisurely on long-tailed speed boat through the many small canals that lead us to Damnernsaduak Floating Market. Discern the boats of various shapes and sizes used by local merchants to ferry goods. Taste scrumptious local food and snacks.
• Behold the traditional art of wood carving production at the Royal Thai Handicraft Center. Return to your hotel around 14.30 pm.
*Please note that subject to our availabilities, it'd either be me or one of my team members who will be your Host for this experience.
Physical rating: Level 2 - moderate
Why We Do This
A wise man said "you will not appreciate what you have until you lose it or hear it praised by others" . We agree with that since we have learned an appreciation of our surroundings by hearing our guests praise the sites we visited together. We enjoy sharing our excitement with others, and our love for Bangkok grows as we see our guests fall in love with our "City of Angels."
- Admission fees
- Travel accident insurance
- Water and cold towels
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Pick up from Bangkok city center hotel
- At least 1 week advance booking, for peak or high season the earlier booking the better