Discover moments of pure happiness on a unique adventure through the Balinese countryside with your French and English speaking host, Merlin.
I've always been moved by the magic of the picnic. Exploring the paths of liberty. Feeling unique, away from the crowd's compromises. Savoring the sensation of real freedom and exchanging pure and authentic emotions with people I love.
Five years spent walking and criss-crossing Bali’s hidden paths has offered me the chance to discover many unexpected and fantastic wild nature spots. With Picnic Paradise, I'm proud to share with you the best of these.
The Picnic Paradise is an intimate luxury, with only one booking taken per walk and picnic. An adventurous magical river-trek, followed by a gorgeous French-Provencal picnic and finished with a relaxing Balinese massage. A private adventure for you and your loved ones! With no other guests, you'll be free to enjoy the delicious moments organised just for you.
What You Will Do
• Become the fifth element of this magical healing river. It’s like something out of a fairytale—beautiful and secret—and yet so close to downtown Ubud! An amazing foot-trek adventure offers a challenge accessible to all.
• Starting by "Ganesha cave", we will walk through luxuriant vegetation, waist deep water, and between walls carved by time–sometime with bats flying above us. Always with further exciting discoveries to come, this is an adventurous fun trek with incredible river views!
• The walk will challenge and reward you, offering many philosophical metaphors for life along the way. Facing unexpected elements and conquering them. Coping with the current. Finding your balance. Trusting your senses. Becoming aware of your surroundings. The journey is a cocktail of emotions that will leave you on a natural high.
• Having floated on our backs with the current, we will return to the starting point where you will be served by a delicious and authentic French picnic in a breathtaking landscape.
• Cooking, it's one of my passion. After 15 years of living in Asia, I especially love to make discover the flavors of my hometown:
"Signature Picnic-Niçois-menu", a cold french-Provencal cocktail-meal, entirely homemade by Merlin from Nice.
- 5 spices Country-Style Pâté
(traditional recipe with 3 different pork meats marinated in a Provencal herbs and spices mixture then cook 5h.).
- Mushrooms persillade
(fungus Paris marinated with garlic and parsley, preserved into olive oil and Balsamic vinegar).
- Ratatouille Niçoise
(famous typical Nice recipe, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, and red bell pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, fried and stewed in olive oil).
- “Nice pebbles cookie”
(delicious dry biscuits flavored with orange flower, lemon and cumin seeds.
- French baguette slice toasted
- Drink: fresh wine Rosé and fresh water (75 cl. Rosé Hatten) - additional Rosé 75 cl: 20$ (200.000 rps)
• To perfect this journey, relieve your muscles and relive the delightful moments with a 1 hour relaxing traditional Balinese massage at Çantika Spa on the path back.
Why We Do This
I am always looking for quality life moments. I am proud to introduce the Picnic Paradise, as it's exactly what I have always dreamed to receive for myself.
The Picnic Paradise is a unique experience to share exclusively with your loved ones. It’s the unforgettable highlight of your holiday–discover your own private paradise beyond the guidebooks and off the beaten track.
• Outfit for river-treking will be provided and includes: wetsuit neoprene top, gloves, helmet, life jacket.
• Please dress appropriately for moderate exercise. Wear closed toe sport shoes, that you won't mind getting wet (ABOVE ALL, NO FLIP-FLOPS!) and comfortable clothing like a swimsuit with long short-pants or leggings and t-shirt.
• Travel insurance or personal insurance. Insurance of participants is their responsibility.
• Please book at least 1 week advance to ensure a spot in your preferred time frame. Please note that each day has only 1 "Magical River-Trek and Picnic Paradise" possibility!
• The Picnic Paradise is suitable for ages 14+
• The walk requires an average fitness level. You need only be in good health and ready to enjoy moderate challenges. You will get wet!
• Please arrive on time at the “Çantika Spa 2” meeting point at 10 am. Our minutes are counted! As the valley of the river is narrow, to admire the play of sunlight, the best time is to hike when the sun is at its zenith. Our program follows the sunlight movement, including its shadow for picnic!
• The program is subject to change depending on weather condition. In instances of rainy weather, heavy rain the previous night (silting river water), we will make the decision to postpone to another (sunny) day.
• If it's not possible to reschedule the trek/picnic in accordance to both our availabilities, the full-payment fee from Indiescapes will be refunded in accordance of Indiescapes policy.
• Bring a sun hat, sarong, sunscreen and insect repellent. If you have particular allergy to water, sun or grass, please bring your ointment.
• Picnic trips are open 7 days.
• Picnic Paradise is a private adventure for you to share with friends. No other groups of guests will be combined to attend on the experience on the day you book.