Remember when as a child the smell of home cooking permeated the entire house, and you just could not wait for the next meal? Be transported to that world again- the lingering smells, the hearty dinners, the warm smiles. Appreciate and purchase fresh ingredients from the local market and take part in the cooking experience in the kitchen of a local family! Top off the day with a visit to the coffee shop or a walk through the narrow lanes and alleyways. A quintessential Vietnamese experience.
What You Will Do
• First we will head to the market to buy fresh ingredients, and I will teach you about typical Vietnamese foods. Appreciate the quirks and specialties of a typical neighborhood in Ho Chi Minh City.
• Partake in the cooking experience with my mom or sister as they cook us a meal. If you’re interested, explore the neighborhood. Next door is a small Vietnamese coffee shop and travelers often enjoy walking around the narrow streets and alleyways.
Why We Do This
A real Vietnamese market is a special place to discover. In Vietnam, we shop at the market every day. Local market or Ben Thanh Market is fun to see, but usually Vietnamese shop at smaller local markets. I know you will not soon forget your time with my family in our home. We are happy to welcome you to our home and Vietnam!
- Lunch or dinner
- I will pick you up from anywhere in Ho Chi Minh city
- Dinner is preferred, but lunch is possible.
- We will take a taxi bus or motobike to the market and walk back.
- If you have any questions about the rest of your trip to Vietnam, I can try to help you out.