Do you know any place in the world that is famous for its tunnels? Welcome to Cu Chi, ladies and gentlemen! Of course, that is not all there is to see here. There is also a Bonsai and animal farm to appreciate, a rubber forest to tap rubber from, a cow farm to get milk from and a garden to pick herbs from. And you can do all of it! Sounds like quite an adventure, doesn’t it?
What You Will Do
• Take an adventure through the magnificent bonsai & animals farm with over 300 years tradition at Minh Tan Garden. We will see thousands of kinds of bonsai, flowers, kumquats and many kinds of lovely animals, especially discovering huge fish – including fish which can eat humans.
• Learn how rubber is tapped in an enormous and beautiful forest in Cu Chi. Discover how to get cow's milk and learn how cows make milk. Embrace the opportunity to understand the process of making rice papers.
• Discover the Cu Chi tunnel system that stretches over 250km from Saigon to the Cambodian border. The underground network of trap doors, storage facilities, weapon factories, field hospitals and main military base will be etched in your memory. We will get a sense of underground life in the American-Vietnam war.
• Explore a large number of herbs, spices & mushrooms and understand their use in medicine & cooking in the Vietnamese medicine garden and Mushroom house.
• Test your patience while fishing. Savour local dishes in a beautifully landscaped garden with exotic trees and birds.
Why We Do This
I grow a beautiful organic garden with vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, animals, seafood and fruits. I am also very passionate about my hometown!
* Farm visits
* entrance fees
* We will start at 7:30am in the morning at your hotel and finish about 5:00pm in your hotels.
* Bring along some mosquito repellent for use in the farm visits.