Is the closest you ever get to the source of food just the fresh foods section at the market? Want to know what happens before that? It’s time you discovered the farm livelihood your ancient ancestors once lived! In this tour, explore traditional ways of Thai cooking while leaving some room for creativity. Dishes will be prepared entirely from scratch. There is no way we are pouring them out from packets- pound a curry paste by hand and extract milk from the coconut. You are now an artist of Thai cuisine, and no two artists will produce exactly the same result. Hand-pick the vegetables, fish and catch prawns yourself from the source. Cook at a resort along the beach. Now here’s a local cooking experience!
What You Will Do
• Visit farms to collect ingredients (salt, sugar palm, fresh mackerel fish) from the source.
• Enjoy a lavish lunch prepared by local chefs at our accommodation, Samroiyod Holiday Resort in Prachoupkirikun province (25 km from Hua Hin – 5 hour drive from Bangkok).
• After lunch, take a nap or swim at the breezy beach and sea, under the blue skies.
• Cycle to the small local market to observe some local evening life. Whilst there, try various foods cooked by the local communities, as well as local produce.
• Head back to our garden to pick pesticide-free vegetables before cooking your own dinners. The dishes to be prepared by you include several Thai specialities. 1st dish is Chili paste eaten with fried Mackerel fish and vegetable from our garden. 2nd dish is Tomyum seafood soup with fresh seafood from the evening market. 3rd dish is a challenge for you. You have to think up this menu and do this by yourself but you have to use all ingredients we put on the table for them. It’s Master Chef in Thailand!
• After dinner, fish for king squid while riding on the boat with local fishermen.
• The next day, relax or swim in the morning. We start making our way back to Bangkok after breakfast.
• Get a glimpse of the riverside town of Amphawa, where we stop for lunch. In fact, Amphawa holds a UNESCO World Heritage Award for its main canal. Return to Bangkok at about 3pm.
Why We Do This
I grew up in the northeastern Thai countryside and was taught by my Mother and Grandmother to literally cook from the ground up. Mushrooms and herbs were foraged from the hills and most common ingredients were home-grown. My elders instilled in me a sense of food integrity and respect for nature, not to mention how to prepare a range of authentic and delicious Thai food from scratch.
- At least eight (and typically a lot more!) tastes of authentic Thai food and drink – more than enough to fill you up!
- Cooking class 3 dish , 1 night Air-Con room , 2 lunch , 1 dinner , 1 breakfast .
activity is fishing squid .
- All transport throughout the day, excluding pick-up and drop off at BTS Kroung Thonburi .
- Plenty of drinking water is provided throughout the day, as well as refreshments as desired (coffee, iced tea, juice, etc.).
- Rooms at Samroiyod Holiday Resort are comfortable and have Air-Con and hot water.
- Regular price is for 2 people to share 1 bedroom (2 beds in 1 room). If the customer would like a private room, extra THB 1,000. Please inform me when booking.