Have you ever wondered how the modern themes of individualism or technology apply to us and our traditional customs? Ever wondered what our dating process is like and how marriages or divorces happen in the village? Ever wondered why everyone in Bali is named Wayan or Made? Through my personal stories, be privy to all this and more. Unlike many other touristic villages, my village is completely untouched by tourism!
What You Will Do
• Be enchanted by my beautiful farming village surrounded by hills and rice fields. A Kingdom before Bali was conquered by the Dutch, this is one of the few regions left in Bali where inhabitants still live according to our ancient traditions.
• Experience the intricacies of our life first hand as we cook a traditional meal over our wood fire stove.
• Stroll across the rice fields and make a little hike to the surrounding hills. If you're lucky, you'll get to see the large pigs belonging to the women of my family!
• Savour some delicious Balinese sweets and some afternoon coffee and tea.
*This experience is only for guests who stay around: Candidasa, Padangbai, Amed, Tulamben
Why We Do This
I enjoy sharing my village and true Balinese culture and religion (Hinduism). I also often share with my guests on how the modern world now influences the lives of the Balinese.
* All transport to and from village. Pick up from your accommodation or a central location in Candidasa, Padangbai, Amed, Tulamben.
* All guiding by me or my brother, Gede.
* Lunch, drinks and sweets
- My brother, Gede, or I will pick you up from your hotel and bring you back.
- The experience starts at 8am at the hotel and will end around 6pm at the hotel