Expose yourself to the social and cultural diversity of Thailand through visits to different communities. Be enamoured by art projects in a canal community where artists connect people to the roots of Thai culture by providing free art classes and a creative space in the traditional way of life. Visit ancient and threatened communities to learn about our conservation projects that we're going to launch as a team. Understand the challenges that Bangkok, like many other Asian cities, is facing in view of modernization in the 21 century. Get an idea of the magnitude of this megacity by a series of community based walking tours and utilization of all available public transport. Truly at 360 degree experience!
What You Will Do
• Go through the organic grown urban maze at Saphan Lek to see traditional jewelry production.
• Join the Sikh community for breakfast to experience one of the smallest but most successful ethnic groups in Thailand.
• Meditate at Wat Suthat during noon prayers.
• Observe the production of religious relics such as monk robes, Buddha images and more at the old Thai Buddhist neighborhoods of Phra Nakorn
• Visit the artist community at Thonburi.
• Explore the oldest brick buildings and ancient Chinese mansions at Samphanthawong
• Understand our support project in cultural heritage protection Charoen Chai Community.
• Take public transport back into downtown for a Sundowner at one of Bangkok's hippest skybars which reflects on the contrast of this megacity torn between the past and the future.
Why We Do This
My team and I find pride, fulfillment and happiness in crafting Thailand experiences connected to the causes we support. Most of the experiences we design will be aligned to our engagement in Thai society.
VEO (Vanguard Experience Officer)/ they used to call them guides, transportation (bus, motorcycle taxi, Khlong tour, express boat, tuk tuk, canal boat) breakfast, lunch, snacks
support for Bangkok’s cultural heritage
Insurance, transfer from and to the hotel, personal expenses, tip for the guide