Walking around large galleries, making small talk with other art enthusiasts is all great but never enough. The streets of Bangkok are not the only things that need navigation. Prepare to treat art appreciation as an experience, carefully woven together by a visionary director, visual artist and photographer. Since most of the city's small private or commercial galleries promote Thai and regional artists, a day of gallery hopping is a great way of getting a taste of the local 'art' scene that Bangkok has to offer. Immersing yourself in the contemporary art scene is must on the list of things to do in Bangkok!
What You Will Do
• Visit Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC), the city's latest effort to create an all-integrated art experience.
• Navigate the streets of Bangkok to find the 'hard to find galleries', artists’ studios and hang outs.
• Meet even the artist or the gallery owner to have a chat.
• End the day at one of the bars where you will meet creative people and artists.
• If you are at the right time of the week, you might even find yourself in one of the openings without even noticing it!!
Why We Do This
As with many things in Bangkok, you'll soon discover that there is no concentrated art area and that the city's galleries are pretty much scattered all over town. Take in the sights along the way with a trusted guide who has international experience as a travel/lifestyle writer and photographer.
Attendance to opening (if any)
An art map (monthly) with all the addresses and contacts
Meeting with local artist(s) *if available
Transportations (BTS or MRT and sometimes Taxi)
Your own food or drink
Any catalogues, souvenirs you wish to purchase