Your creative genius is waiting to emerge. Let’s give it a push, shall we? I guarantee you can make at least a pot on the wheel. Making ceramics by hand is very fun! Express your creativity at this beautiful open-air workshop, flooded with natural light just outside of Ubud, Bali.
What You Will Do
• Play with clay, access your creativity, and enjoy the process.
• The class usually covers various hand-building techniques and wheel throwing. We are equipped with 3electric wheels, a large gas-fired downdraft kiln and plenty of workspace.
• Take home a handmade pot to decorate your home.
Why We Do This
Handmade ceramics is a tradition that is slowly being lost. Therefore, I believe it is important to be teaching and sharing my skills in the community. The sense of joy and self-satisfaction I experience when I observe a student working on the wheel, totally enthralled in their experience is indeed heart-warming.
Ceramics has been my passion for a very long time now. The creative process excites me and has done so ever since my first engagement with the medium. I instantly fell in love with the tactile, organic experience and intuitively sensed it was to become a vital part of my life.
- All equipments, materials and firings of pieces made during workshop.
- Coffee, tea
- Transportation to and from the studio (3km from Ubud center).
- Shipping of ceramics
- Flexible, advanced booking preferred, not more than 2 months ahead.
- Please specify if you are booking a class for the morning ((-12) or afternoon (2-5)
- Advance payment necessary to hold your spot
- When scheduling a class, please take into consideration the time it takes to dry your pieces and fire them twice (we also need to have enough pieces to fill a kiln each time). Please schedule your class for the beginning of your vacation! Otherwise, we can arrange to ship your work.