Gourmands, foodies and food critics unite with your passion for Balinese food! Learn about the secrets of Balinese morsels we crave in Lovina, North Bali in a relaxing environment. You will create a range of traditional Balinese culinary delights and gain insights into Balinese culture. And at the end, you will eat the food you prepared yourself! Let our expert guide- a horticultural engineer- regale you with tales of food as well as waste disposal methods!
What You Will Do
• Kickstart this food experience at 8.00 am with the pick-up at your Singaraja accommodation. Gain unparalled insights into the traditional market culture in Bali through a market visit.
• Partake in the buzz of bargaining and purchasing ingredients for the cooking class.
• Choose a class from the options below and learn all the methods, tips and tricks. Finish the class at 1pm, and eat the delicious meal you have whipped up.
• Engage in a short sharing on permaculture and waste disposal methods used. Being very active in the problem of waste disposal, I have designed methods to handle all recyclable waste, including building my own waste garden.
There are four cooking classes to choose from. In each cooking class, you'll get to learn 8 or more dishes:
1. Cooking Class Basics: This is a good opportunity for beginners in Indonesian cuisine. And for experienced cooks as well, because in every region in Bali the recipes are different – so try ours! You will learn about the Balinese way of cooking, in a basic kitchen.
2. Advanced Cooking Class: This class shows you more secrets of Balinese Cooking, but it is not more difficult than other courses and suitable for beginners, too. We offer this special class, because we think the Balinese kitchen is so rich in interesting dishes, that one day is just not enough ...
3. Vegetarian Cooking Class: The Balinese and Indonesian kitchen is perfect for Vegetarians. Thanks to the use of the traditional mixture of many aromatic spices, it will enrich your way of cooking. We promise - meat-eaters will not be bored!
4. Sweet Cooking Class: To complete your knowledge in Balinese food and because it is soooo tasty – Balinese sweets! We believe, the big variety of Balinese sweets deserve more attention. Learn about the “packaging” of Balinese desserts as well, for example in banana-leaves.
- Transfers from/to your accommodation in the Lovina center area (or east of Lovina till Singaraja)
- Guided trip to market
- Ingredients for cooking, and hence lunch
- Tax and service
- If you have 6 people in your group, it would be only your group cooking, not other guests.
- Classes in German can be arranged for an additional fee.
- We offer the cooking classes any day (except some Balinese official holidays). Bookings are required one week in advance.