I’m sure your interactions with the hotel concierge and counter staff at tourist attractions are meaningful. But we’ll let you in on a universal secret… that’s not how the real Hanoians live. Come to our place and take a peek into our daily lives. Learn how to make some typical Vietnamese dishes, understand Buddhist traditions, visit the Museum of Ethnology and walk around a diverse neighbourhood.
What You Will Do
• Learn how to make some unique Vietnamese food such as Phở, Grilled pork noodle soup, spring rolls, Vietnamese crepe, fried glutinous rice ball, Vietnamese Caramelized fish and Tra Da.
• Be intrigued by the Museum of Ethnology which tells the stories of the various ethnicities in Vietnam.
• Pay your respects at some well-known pagodas and temples very near our home. We will tell you more about Buddhism and some basic etiquette that Vietnamese people often do when visiting those sacred places.
• Take a walk around our unassuming and diverse neighborhood. You will see both working class and middle class living close to each other.
• If you are interested, visit Ha Noi SOS Children’s Village, an NGO working to help and protect the interests and rights of children. (Please let us know at least 3 days before you visit so we can make arrangements.)
This agenda is tentative. There are MANY places we are happy to show you around and depends on your specific interests, we can suggest you different places to visit.
Why We Do This
Born and grew up in Ha Noi, I have seen Ha Noi’s remarkable transformation from an ancient capital to a modern and beautiful city. I and my wife have lived here for most of our lives, and Ha Noi has been part of our soul and our mind. We always love to meet people from different parts of the world, listen to your stories and tell you more about Viet Nam. We have many stories to tell you about the land, the people and Vietnamese distinct culture.
- Transportation (1 or 2 people on motorbike, >3 people by car)
- Tickets and donations to the sightseeing
- Breakfast and lunch included
No insurance coverage included in these trips. We are not liable for any personal losses or injuries that the guest(s) might incur during the trip.
Pick up at 8am, drop off at 5pm.
If you take any medications, please make sure to bring them with you. Bring your umbrella, cameras & IDs